After our PM’s announcement yesterday, I went through the exact roller coaster of emotions when one finds out it’s 8 pm and no restaurants are open. Anyway, what do you do when you’re going to be house-bound for almost two months? You make a list of things that you miss and dream of doing when everything is over. I can’t be the only one here.
Someone back me up, please. No? Ok. Hope you enjoy my list of things then.
What I Miss
- Dates with the pool after work
- Figuring out where to have lunch
- People stopping by my desk for a “quick” chat (it never is)
- Any conversation that keeps lunch or dinner going with friends
- Breakfasts at Lai Fung
- For some reason that I can’t understand — driving to work
What I'm Looking Forward to
- Keeping a distance with people without feeling guilty and this will be my official reason: we can’t let our healthcare frontliners’ efforts go waste! (Before I forget, if you’re a healthcare frontliner, talk to us because we’re providing free cars and petrol with Shell for you)
- Stop insulting my body because this new routine has been messing with my eating habits
- Stepping out of my house for fresh air and not have to worry about anything beyond the gate to be the COVID-19 virus (don’t judge)
- Getting a long overdue hair cut
- T A L K, not type. Brain is dead. Fingers are tired. Ironic because it’s my job to write
What do you miss doing and what are your plans after the MCO has been lifted? Talk to me in the comments section below (!) because things can get a little crazy when your closest friends have been the walls or the occasional sparrow perched on the windowsill.