GoCar Malaysia started as an on-demand car-sharing platform that allows you to book a car by the minute, hour or day via the GoCar app. Today, we have expanded our services to car sharing, subscription, car servicing, insurance and more. This is part of our journey to transform the way we think about transportation to make Malaysia greener and smarter.
- Open for business with 5 cars in Klang Valley.
- Expanded to Johor Bahru and Penang.
- Partnered with Renault Malaysia to add 150 Renault Capturs to the fleet.
- Launched Free Floating for interstate trips.
- Officiated partnership with Shell Malaysia by announcing 100 Shell stations with GoCars on-site.
- Launched GoCommunity, a platform for community-initiative events such as GoLove.
- Scaled up GoCar fleet to 1,000 vehicles across 7 states.
- Launched Free Floating for interstate and intercity trips.
- Launched GoCar Subscription, a flexible monthly car subscription.
- Introduced Free Floating – free street parking in Selangor in partnership with Smart Selangor and Flexi Parking.
- Revamped Subscription into GoCar Subs with a simplified 1-price structure in each category.
- Launched SWAP under GoCar Subs offering total flexibility to customers to be able to swap across any category mid-way through their subscription term.
- Restructured GoCar’s service areas focusing on Klang Valley and Penang.
- Introduced GoRewards, an additional avenue to reward GoCar members, and be able to utilise GoPocket points.
- Expanded Free Floating street parking coverage area to be able to support throughout the state of Selangor.
- Supported the community through GoVax seniors and OKU shuttle services through the critical vaccination phase.
- Launched GoCar Garage offering hassle-free car servicing solution. Offering easy, transparent and absolute convenient servicing solutions.
- Launched Malaysia’s most affordable EV program – GoEV available through Sharing and Subscription
Introduced sell you car – where GoCar offers to buy over under utilized cars at home, so users can switch to subscription (hassle-free affordable solution instead of ownership).
Expanded GoEV to various locations across Klang Valley – 163 Retail Park, Avenue K, ERL KL Sentral, ETCM Glenmarie, Lot 92, GoCar PJ, Mid Valley Megamall, MyTown KL, The Linc KL and more.
Expanded GoCar Garage with over 50 Garage merchants across Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Negeri Sembilan, Melaka, Johor Bahru, Ipoh and Penang.
Announced collaboration with key EV charging partners chargEV and JomCharge to enhance EV charging convenience across the country for GoEV users.
Launched GoCar Pro in Johor Bahru – hybrid between sharing and subscription to offer quality subscription vehicles for quick and easy access, with a shorter turn around lead time.
- Launched GoCar Subs Xpress in Johor Bahru – similar to GoCar Subs but with a twist. Users can subscribe to a car on weekly or monthly basis and get the car within 3 working days.
GoCar was recognized by Frost & Sullivan’s Best Practices Award as Car-Sharing Company of Year 2022 (Malaysia).